Once again, the Super Bowl is upon us! Don’t ruin a great day cheering for your team by spending the evening in jail because of you didn’t plan your day and got a DUI.
Remember, the cops will be on high alert during Super Bowl weekend for drunk drivers throughout all of Los Angeles, so don’t drive drunk. A DUI can be easily avoidable with careful planning.
Here are a few of the saturation patrols and DUI checkpoints this Super Bowl weekend:
Friday, Jan. 30
• Sobriety/Driver License Checkpoint from 8 P.M. to 2 A.M. on Lankershim Boulevard at Vanowen Street in North Hollywood.
• Sobriety/Driver License Checkpoint from 10 P.M. to 4 A.M. on Hollywood Boulevard at Gower Street in Hollywood.
Saturday, Jan. 31
• Sobriety/Driver License Checkpoint from 7 P.M. to 1 A.M. on Western Avenue at Slauson Avenue in 77th Street Area.
• Sobriety/Driver License Checkpoint from 8 P.M. to 2 A.M. on Oxnard Street at Laurel Canyon Boulevard in North Hollywood.
• Sobriety/Driver License Checkpoint from 8 P.M. to 2 A.M. on Cahuenga Boulevard at Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood.
Sunday, Feb. 1
• DUI Saturation Patrol from 4 P.M. to 12 A.M. in Central Bureau.
• DUI Saturation Patrol from 5 P.M. to 1 A.M. in Topanga area.
• DUI Saturation Patrol from 5 P.M. to 1 A.M. in 77th Street area.
• DUI Saturation Patrol from 7 P.M. to 3 A.M. in Wilshire area.
If you do get busted, here is information on sobriety tests you will encounter.
To make the best out of your weekend, plan alternative transportation to ensure a fun and safe Super Bowl weekend. “We encourage everyone to make a plan — designate a sober driver ahead of time, contact a ride-sharing service, or use a taxi or public transportation,” Auto Club of Southern California Chief Executive Robert Bouttier. Once again, AAA offers a complimentary tipsy tow for intoxicated drivers. Here are other alternative transportation to avoid a DUI.
Plan your weekend accordingly, and keep the roads safe for you and others.